Stats NZ, 23 September 2019
New Zealand as a village of 100 people presents an overview of New Zealand’s population based on 2018 Census data. It describes our population as if the country were a village of 100 people.
Find out about:
- census usually resident population
- proportion of males and females
- proportion of Māori
- median age
- population growth since 2013
- cultural diversity (birthplace, ethnic groups, and languages spoken).
- The information comes from the 2018 Census.
A downloadable infographic PDF is available here…