With an exciting and varied forward programme of nationally significant projects, we now require an Intermediate Planning Consultant to work from our Auckland office. The role will suit someone with 4+ years planning experience. The position reports to the Auckland Manager – Planning.
You will be part of a growing and successful team with offices and co-working spaces located in Northland, Auckland, Waikato, New Plymouth, Wellington, Wairarapa and Christchurch. You will have the opportunity to work with our planning, landscape architecture, urban design, geospatial and accredited Crown property experts on a variety of central and local government, iwi, commercial, network utility, infrastructure and development projects.
- Providing urban and environmental planning, and Resource Management Act services to public and commercial clients;
- Achieving positive outcomes for clients and authorities by providing high quality and timely services in a professional manner;
- Working cooperatively and collegially and developing strong relationships with colleagues, partners, clients, prospective employees and stakeholders;
- Fostering strong relationships with prospective and existing clients and enhancing the brand and reputation of the company in order to win work;
- Maximising the financial and commercial success of the company; and
- Achieving the company vision, values, objectives, strategy and plans, and constructively challenging the status quo when needed.
Skills, Experience and Attributes Required for This Role
- A relevant tertiary or planning qualification;
- Working knowledge of the Resource Management Act and other relevant legislation, including regulation and case law;
- Working experience with designations and resource consents, and the Assessment of Environmental Effects (AEE) processes;
- Working experience with NPS, NES, RPS, NZCPS, regional plans and district plans;
- Local authority hearing experience;
- Management of communications and issues with various authorities;
- Working experience with a wide range of stakeholders and environments typically affected by development, infrastructure, network utilities and other relevant projects;
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills;
- Project management skills, and experience of project management tools and software, particularly with small to medium-sized projects;
- Effective organisational and time management skills;
- Attention to detail in your work;
- Client relationship management and sales skills;
- A propensity for teamwork and company systems, and for the Agile and Lean methodologies;
- An appreciation for the small to medium business environment;
- Trustworthy and discreet behaviour when dealing with confidential and sensitive information;
- Excellent presentation skills, and an ability to effectively and concisely communicate complex information;
- Excellent verbal and written skills, numeric skills and computer literacy;
- Advanced researching and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in using the Microsoft Office suite;
- Membership or eligibility for membership of relevant professional associations; and
- Full current driving licence and New Zealand residency.
For the Right Candidate, We Will Offer
- Diverse range of interesting projects.
- Well located office.
- Supportive company culture.
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme.
- Full payment of professional membership fees, conferences and training.